McClain reigns at the 2022 OOFOS U.S. Gymnastics Championships
- Senior Results: All-Around | Events
- Photo Galleries
- Watch Archived Live Stream and Routines on FlipNow
TAMPA, Fla. (August 21, 2022) – WOGA Gymnastics’ Konnor McClain (Las Vegas, Nev.) captured the senior women’s all-around title as competition concluded at the 2022 OOFOS U.S. Gymnastics Championships Saturday evening at Amalie Arena. Her combined eight-rotation 112.750 beat out all competition for the night’s biggest prize, and she added balance beam gold (28.900) along the way.
Shilese Jones (Auburn, Wash./Ascend Gymnastics Center) finished a close second with a 112.000, while Olympians Jordan Chiles (Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre) and Jade Carey (Phoenix, Ariz./Oregon State University) finished third (111.900) and fifth (110.900), respectively. Hill’s Gymnastics’ Kayla DiCello (Boyds, Md.) delivered a 110.950 to secure fourth.
Jones shared the uneven bars title with her future Florida Gators teammate and World all-around silver medalist Leanne Wong (Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express), each scoring 28.450 on the event. She also posted the highest floor exercise score on both days (14.100, 14.250) to claim the top spot on the apparatus. Carey secured her second U.S. vault title with a dominating 29.125.
The 2022-23 Senior Women’s National Team was named at the culmination of the competition. Athletes are listed alphabetically below. Additional gymnasts may be added.
- Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
- Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz./Oregon State University
- Jordan Chiles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
- Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill’s Gymnastics
- Shilese Jones, Auburn, Wash./Ascend Gymnastics Center
- Konnor McClain, Las Vegas, Nev./WOGA Gymnastics
- Elle Mueller, Ham Lake, Minn./Twin City Twisters
- Lexi Zeiss, Omaha, Neb./Twin City Twisters
The 2020 Women’s Olympic team was honored on the competition floor during the awards ceremony. Those in attendance included Carey, Chiles, Suni Lee, Grace McCallum, MyKayla Skinner and alternates DiCello, Kara Eaker, Emma Malabuyo and Wong.